• Miss playing good PW? Check out Void!

[19/12/2016] What's Happening

• [19/12/2016] What's Happening

Hello,

I will explain briefly what's going on.
    It's obvious that the 1.5.3 released files are impure and infected on purpose, we fixed a lot holes so far however fixing this one is a real challenge to me.
    The issue now is at a random time the game database gets filled with empty data which makes it grow in size filling the server's HDD to the max and eventually it stops working and makes us unable to access the server by any means. This corruption grew so much that it filled 98% of 4TB Disk in just 8 hours, You still with me? When the database gets corrupted there are 3 options in hand :

1. We notice it in early stage and immediately fix it which will control it for the next 24 hours
    2. Rollback to the latest stable backup when the corruption gets over 2GB
    3. Wipe when there are no pure backups left

We've tried to seek for a direct final solution, but the one we found we could not even consider, which is paying 800$ for the one who shared the files to give us a fixed version of the GameServer.

So far I came up with a script that would fix game database when it goes over a specified size while the server online, when the corruption gets over 10mb the script will take a second to fix it without affecting your gameplay, in the last few days I've been doing this manually... making my eyes bleed to see if it got corrupted or not but today we apologize for not monitoring it well and letting it get out of hand as the corruption went to 123GB of spam data.
    What we'll do now is code heavy monitoring over the files, in other words it will be automated monitoring, we're sorry we haven't done this before but in full honesty it was because we couldn't even imagine it could get to this rate of spam. Obviously something is going on after the recent events, we'll find out what.

Yes, the only option is to rollback, however the latest stable rollback was from yesterday 11:30PM.
    Don't worry we're not rolling back that far, I managed to fix today's backup but there will be an 8 hour rollback including a tiny update.

We're sorry for this inconvenience as we're trying to get a grip to control everything that happens server side
    We've come so far to clear Nexus name from constant wiping and crashing, This matter is temporary and we will find a permanent fix eventually, same way we fixed all crashes. Like the usual all odds are against Nexus but we'll fight harder.
    We apologize to ever let this happen after the confidence we've showed.

Update v25 Notes

Gear Changes:
    • Reduced Magic requirement for Cleric's EP from 450 to 250
    • Barb's Poleaxe has been refactored (Wiped) to remove int from it
    • Added new Arrows for G16 to buff Demonhunter Bow
    • Replaced +180HP with -6%ct on PvP Arcane Helm (PM me for change)
    Boutique Changes:
    • Reduced Feral Soul Star's Price

Server Status : Online
  • make honing and engraving easier.. i just litrally today finished a set of engraving..
    its not about the mats we loosing anymore, its about the time we spent and doing the same thing over and over again.
    anyways good work striker. hats off to you for your hardwork.
  • Your update is useless and nothing more, people complain about shit that's going on and you decide to replace the hp from pvp helmet with -6% channel, fucking retarded update, have you been working on this for 1 week? cuz it's lame, even from you.
  • Troublemaker wrote:

ur arrows , boost only 500 patk , which equal to like 10 dex or so. whats the point of that
    As I was saying, you even develop more useless shit for a class that is already overpowered like archer. There is a reason why 80% of nexus population are archers @Striker.

Keep up with 'good' and useless work bro, you're doing just fine. Very disappointed in the update I (probably other nexus players too) have been waiting for for a week.
  • AiSe wrote:

Troublemaker wrote:

ur arrows , boost only 500 patk , which equal to like 10 dex or so. whats the point of that
    As I was saying, you even develop more useless shit for a class that is already overpowered like archer. There is a reason why 80% of nexus population are archers @Striker.
    Keep up with 'good' and useless work bro, you're doing just fine. Very disappointed in the update I (probably other nexus players too) have been waiting for for a week.
    Why don't you get your pixel panties out of a wad and chill tf out. He is clearly the only dev now and there are other issues to work out first before catering to your crybaby needs.
  • Striker wrote:

Hello,

I will explain briefly what's going on.
    It's obvious that the 1.5.3 released files are impure and infected on purpose, we fixed a lot holes so far however fixing this one is a real challenge to me.
    The issue now is at a random time the game database gets filled with empty data which makes it grow in size filling the server's HDD to the max and eventually it stops working and makes us unable to access the server by any means. This corruption grew so much that it filled 98% of 4TB Disk in just 8 hours, You still with me? When the database gets corrupted there are 3 options in hand :

1. We notice it in early stage and immediately fix it which will control it for the next 24 hours
    2. Rollback to the latest stable backup when the corruption gets over 2GB
    3. Wipe when there are no pure backups left

We've tried to seek for a direct final solution, but the one we found we could not even consider, which is paying 800$ for the one who shared the files to give us a fixed version of the GameServer.

So far I came up with a script that would fix game database when it goes over a specified size while the server online, when the corruption gets over 10mb the script will take a second to fix it without affecting your gameplay, in the last few days I've been doing this manually... making my eyes bleed to see if it got corrupted or not but today we apologize for not monitoring it well and letting it get out of hand as the corruption went to 123GB of spam data.
    What we'll do now is code heavy monitoring over the files, in other words it will be automated monitoring, we're sorry we haven't done this before but in full honesty it was because we couldn't even imagine it could get to this rate of spam. Obviously something is going on after the recent events, we'll find out what.

Yes, the only option is to rollback, however the latest stable rollback was from yesterday 11:30PM.
    Don't worry we're not rolling back that far, I managed to fix today's backup but there will be an 8 hour rollback including a tiny update.

We're sorry for this inconvenience as we're trying to get a grip to control everything that happens server side
    We've come so far to clear Nexus name from constant wiping and crashing, This matter is temporary and we will find a permanent fix eventually, same way we fixed all crashes. Like the usual all odds are against Nexus but we'll fight harder.
    We apologize to ever let this happen after the confidence we've showed.

Update v25 Notes

Gear Changes:
    • Reduced Magic requirement for Cleric's EP from 450 to 250
    • Barb's Poleaxe has been refactored (Wiped) to remove int from it
    • Added new Arrows for G16 to buff Demonhunter Bow
    • Replaced +180HP with -6%ct on PvP Arcane Helm (PM me for change)
    Boutique Changes:
    • Reduced Feral Soul Star's Price

Server Status : Online
    dude can u add charm HP in boutiq
  • Users Online 1

1 Guest